Monday 15 June 2015

Clutter be gone... one space at a time!

Today, I decided I'd had enough! There are so many spots in my house that are out of control with mess or clutter and it's really starting to affect my mental state. I spend the weekends procrastinating and even going out, just to escape the clutter!

I've always been on the messy side of the fence. The only time I can really pull it all together is when I have the pressure visitors coming over!

So, today, I've decided that I'm going to de-clutter, one space at a time!

I went around the house and counted about 14 zones inside the house that need to be tackled individually. So, I'm making this a 14 day challenge!

I also decided, since I get easily overwhelmed, I would only do what I could in that space for 15 minutes. I  have to be strict with myself to not go in to any other area. I get distracted easily and end up flitting around the whole house instead of concentrating my efforts.

My closet has been a disaster for weeks. I pulled out a suit case from our move and the dog decided to help himself and spread clothes around on the floor.

Then, yesterday Miss 5 pulled out her paper dolls and used our lovely closet to do her craft, completing the disaster zone.

I couldn't walk in to the closet without stepping on any number of things!

I set the timer and away I went. I had a bag ready for rubbish and I had a bag ready for clothes or any other items to give away.

15 minutes later and Oila!  I filled up the give away bag and the rubbish bag and also found odd things like a harmonica!

I also felt so proud of myself! I literally felt lighter and my anxiety melted away. I carried on for an extra 5 and made the bed. (See photo!)

So, for the next 13 days I'll be posting a photo of my efforts and transforming my house... and hopefully smashing those potatoes at the same time!

If you'd like to join me, comment below or post your photos in the FB comments under this post.

See you tomorrow! I'm so excited...

Hugs, Heather xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment